sobota, listopada 04, 2006
white dry wine (1/2 cup)
fish or vegetable stock (5 cups)
arborio rice (1 ½ cups)
onions (2; medium-sized)
garlic (2 cloves)
tomatoes (2; medium-sized)
1. Peel and chop the onions.
2. Peel and crush the garlic.
3. Fry the onions and garlic on olive oil in a deep pan until cooked and soft (but not browned).
4. Add the rice and stir well for a couple of minutes, without browning, until the rice is transparent.
5. Pour in the wine, and stir it in for about 2 minutes.
6. Add a cup of hot stock and stir it through.
7. Put in the peeled, deseeded and chopped tomatoes.
8. Add the rest of the stock and stir it in.
9. After about 10-15 minutes add the prawns.
10. Cook for 5 more minutes, until prawns are soft.
11. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
12. Stir in the parmesan flakes.
13. Season with chopped parsley.