sobota, grudnia 02, 2006
tepid water (1 cup)
Greek yoghurt (4 tbs)
honey (2 tbs)
sunflower oil (2tbs)
rye flour (2/3 cup)
corn flour (1/3 cup)
wheat flour (1 cup)
oatbran (1/4 cup)
sunflower seeds (1/4 cup)
dried yeast (2 tsp)
1. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Knead the dough for 3 minutes.
3. Shape the dough into a ball and leave it in the bowl in a warm place, covered with cling film.
4. Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
5. When the dough has almost doubled in size, take it out of the bowl and cut into 6-10 pieces.
6. Dust the buns with flour.
7. Bake the buns in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until they have turned golden and crisp.
8. Take them out of the oven and leave to cool.
(Or, if you prefer, do not cut the dough into pieces before baking, but form a nice loaf instead.)
sobota, listopada 04, 2006
white dry wine (1/2 cup)
fish or vegetable stock (5 cups)
arborio rice (1 ½ cups)
onions (2; medium-sized)
garlic (2 cloves)
tomatoes (2; medium-sized)
1. Peel and chop the onions.
2. Peel and crush the garlic.
3. Fry the onions and garlic on olive oil in a deep pan until cooked and soft (but not browned).
4. Add the rice and stir well for a couple of minutes, without browning, until the rice is transparent.
5. Pour in the wine, and stir it in for about 2 minutes.
6. Add a cup of hot stock and stir it through.
7. Put in the peeled, deseeded and chopped tomatoes.
8. Add the rest of the stock and stir it in.
9. After about 10-15 minutes add the prawns.
10. Cook for 5 more minutes, until prawns are soft.
11. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
12. Stir in the parmesan flakes.
13. Season with chopped parsley.
wtorek, października 24, 2006
potatoes (4-6; medium sized)
spring onions or parsley (optional)
1. Peel and slice the potatoes into 0,5 cm thick pieces.
2. Peel and dice the onion.
3. Pour the olive oil into a heated pan.
4. Add the potatoes and onion into the frying pan.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Cook stirring the ingredients frequently, until tender.
7. In a bowl, beat the eggs with a little salt.
8. Transfer the potatoes and onion into the bowl (and finely chopped spring onions or parsley, if you want).
9. Heat some olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
10. Mix the eggs with the potato mixture and transfer everything into a heated pan.
11. Cook over low flame.
12. After 7 minutes turn over the omelette with the aid of a cover or a large plate.
13. Fry the omelette on the other side.
14. Transfer it to a serving plate. You can serve the tortilla hot or cold.
15. Cut into wedges.
16. Eat :)
Serves: 1 very hungry person, or 2 hungry people, or more less hungry people...
niedziela, października 22, 2006
ripe avocados (3; peeled) ,
cream (1/4 cup) ,
chicken stock (3 cups) ,
dry sherry (1 tbs) ,
salt and pepper ,
flour tortillas (4)
1. Puree avocados ina blender with 1 cup of chicken stock and cream; set aside.
2. Bring the remaining 2 cups of stock to a boil.
3. Remove the stock from the heat and stir in the pureed avocados.
4. Add sherry.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Cut the tortillas into thin stripes and heat them in a frying pan, without oil.
7. Add the tortilla stripes to the soup.
8. Decorate with cream.
wtorek, lipca 18, 2006
Mascarpone cheese (250g),
heavy cream (250g),
2 raw eggs (yolks and whites separately),
sugar (3 spoons),
espresso coffee (3 cups, room temperature),
liquor (e.g. brandy – 3 spoons),
cocoa (2 spoons).
1. Have espresso and liquor available in a dip dish.
2. Separate the eggs yolks from the whites.
3. Beat the egg yolks with sugar, until creamy.
4. Add mascarpone and cream.
5. Mix until smooth.
6. Beat egg whites until stiff.
7. Fold in the egg whites carefully.
8. Quickly dip the ladyfingers in the coffee and place them in a serving dish. Make a layer with half of them.
9. Cover the biscuits with half the creamy mascarpone mixture.
10. Repeat steps 8 and 9.
11. Dust everything with cocoa sieved through a fine strainer.
12. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
niedziela, lipca 09, 2006
piątek, lipca 07, 2006
czwartek, lipca 06, 2006
1 kg broad beans (podded, boiled for 10 minutes and peeled),
3 tomatoes (peeled, deseeded and diced),
2 onions (peeled and finely chopped),
a bunch of parsley (finely chopped),
seasoning: extra virgin olive oil, balsamico, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper